Labels

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Our Trip to England in 1969 from my 10 Year Old POV

.

Here is my entire record of our trip to England in the summer of '69 (when I was ten*) taken verbatim from my diary:

Tue. July 29 - Today we got to Kendall. I bought a Dodge Crane truck - Matchbox.

Wed. July 30 - Today we visited the Lake District. I got Wagon Train.

Thu. July 31 - Today we are staying in Edwinstow Nottigahamshire we saw the Major Oak.

Fri. Aug. 1 - We went to Nottingham Castle today.

Sat. Aug. 2 - Today Simon Bulp[?] and the rest came.

Sun. Aug. 3 - Today we went to Uncle Austin's We waded in the pools we went to last year

Tue. Aug. 5 - We left Northhamton for Mitcham in the Morn and arrived in the afternoon.

Sat. Aug. 9 - Today we arrived in Bourmouth. We got soaked in the rain

Sun. Aug. 10 - Today we went to the beach I bought a spade

Tue. Aug. 12 - Today Geraldine and I found a broken window in the playhouse

See also this post childhood-in-england.html.

I have also posted here my diary entries from my first week at Dorion Bible Camp in 1971.

.

No comments: