I arrived Sat. Aug. 1, boated to McKinnon by Major King just before prep time for the LIT Welcome, followed by LIT Welcome, and Dip, followed by a BBQ of many kinds of meat by the Zimbabwe Boys. I got my Caesar shirt from Olivia & chatted with Anna. Violin practice and bed in #1.
Aug. 2
Included morning meeting, meeting on sundeck to assign prep teams (I helped set up BMP), chapel (I played harmonica), photos of Jesse's Place, rescued overhead lamp from dump, and set up my projector & straightened the screen; Camper Welcome (waves drown Nazgul); played Sensei Wu in Scraper Skit; relaxed during Rotations; talked to camper kc during Royal Roll; Dip & snack; led songs for S & S.
Aug. 3
A typical day with coffee alone in Fireside until Morning Mtg at which I would lead Hear O Israel, followed by joining the Int. Section led by Flanders; Breakfast; Bible Study prep with Grader, Expressions, Flanders & Major King would take place right after breakfast during Skills 1; I would play harmonica as Major King leds songs for Bible Study (after Skills 2) & then join Int. Section Bible Study; some days I'd sit with violin during Boats Out (not this day); Lunch; Clubs followed Rest Hour (visited Chill Club), then Tracks (visited Art & Reading led by Grader, drew camper P*****l & he drew me; Supper; usually relaxed or fished during EP (Paranoia this night); skipped Dip this night (rain); Snack, then song prep; led songs for S & S (actually Scores, Songs & Stories, sometimes Scene, Scores, Songs & Stories).
REM posted these pictures of me as evidence that I had been at MPC since the beginning, but had aged very little. I have always been old!!
Aug. 4
Typical day with highlights: leading Little Cabin after lunch; visited Karaoke & Unc Clubs; brought violin to Art Track; power outage.
The only photos I took this day will be found in my post about the FOTR skits.
Aug. 5
Typical day with highlights: I hid in Hobart after lunch as REM made presentation on Peps; showed my photos in Ping Pong Club and Art Track; Olympics for EP.
In a washroom stall: leftover from Girls Camp?
O"limp"ics Skit after supper:
Aug. 6
Typical day with highlights: Practised with Major King in the morning; Peps Banquet (buns & whole veggies) at lunch (played music w Major King, Sonic & Postman/Maksim); had Puzzle With Peps Club in Dining Hall; no scores in the evening, so led many songs.
Aug. 7
Typical day with highlights: Played violin as trips returned; before lunch outside Grader & I led "All-Star" and then after lunch "With Jesus In My Boat"; in War Canoes to Long Island (short way) for cliff-jumping (I jumped once off the low cliff).
Aug. 8
Typical day with highlights: During BO violin by Dining Hall again (Formax played it)*; REM "uncked" in his machine; Burger Lunch with Flanders & other leaders who said "please", discussed it; visited Costume-Making Club & Art Track (discussed music & language with Aurochs & Maksim); during Free Swim sang "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" with Formax & Sonic!!; Sippy was teaching a camper Ruby pass on the beach; REM restored at the end of supper; EP was "Heart of Darkness" (no Mud Men) with campers getting "fish oil" from me (Grader actually) as I fished at Senior Point.
* On most days I played my violin by the Dining Hall during Boats Out, and my guitar there (or on the sundeck) during Free Swim.
Sunday, Aug. 9
Typical day with highlights: led singing in Chapel (including "It's a Beautiful Day" complimented by Emily, Sofia & later Olivia); violin by Dining Hall (Harry tried it); visited Reading Club on sundeck & Ping Pong Club; painted rock in Art Track; guitar with Aurochs by D.H.; talked with Corsair (arborist); tour of Jesse's Place by Pete.
Aug. 10
Typical day with highlights: Puzzles With Peps #2 (with 4 Seniors); fished off Bunny Pt., heard music, joined Olivia, Sofia & Donna in singing hymns in The Ship; at the end of Royal Roll I was in my cabin & heard the leaders far off singing "Hear O Israel"!!
Aug. 11
Typical Day until lunch when Senior Day began. Highlights: Boat run with Bandit to landing to put laundry & Peps Puzzles in van, back with Carbon & his parents; because Seniors had gone to Long Island, I had supper (quesadillas) with Ops staff (sat with visitors, JerPer & Joy); Seniors returned & I had more supper with them outside BMP along with skits; led songs & then Grader read a story by Tolstoy; didn't stay for The Dark Knight; so went to #1 just before 2200h.
Aug. 12
Second half of Senior Day: Amazing Race in the A.M. with me as the Choir challenge on the sundeck; Trip Report Skits in the evening; led many songs at Grader's request despite the late hour; little James sang very loudly!.
Aug. 13
Typical day with highlights: joined Fishing Club at Senior Point; violin by Dining Hall during Free Swim; Hockey Banquet ("fight" with Major King while protecting Grader, and played harp on "The Hockey Song" with Dusty); "Fresca" with Pete after supper (missed Dip); Scores & snacks in DH; played quiet guitar for entrance to Candlelight.
Aug. 14:
Last day of Classic Boys: LIT Prank; Super Clubs (no one joined Songs With Peps); campers left; Draft Picks for Clean-up; took some luggage to Outtrip; Debrief; fished Bunny Pt after supper (2 nibbles); more luggage to Outtrip; Sofia's amazing singing in BMP (with Toews); Sundaes; hung out in Dining Hall.
Official Pix (by Sir Toby?):
I left after breakfast on Sat. Aug. 15th, boated by Byron.
.


































































































No comments:
Post a Comment