Labels

Friday, July 03, 2020

Bike Ride Along the Neebing River: July 3/20

.

I had childhood friends who used to fish at "the weir".

This seemed to be the end of the trail. So I headed along this unknown street, and the trail continued along the "back" of the Parkdale subdivision.

Looking back at the end of the trail. To the left is a path into Parkdale. There a lady in her backyard told me that there should be a sign telling us that there is no way across the river.

Scenes from the field beyond the trail. The first one looks toward Parkdale Blvd, the entrance to the subdivision, but I did not know that at the time.

Big houses! As I rode around, unable to find a way out, I began to think each one must have its own private helicopter.

At this point I didn't know that Parkdale was the name of the subdivision. So I thought this was from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Taken from the Parkdale Blvd bridge, looking back towards the field beyond the trail. I chose to take the bike trail back rather than going along Arthur St. Thus I rode past the empty lot where Churchill High used to be as pictured here:

.

No comments: