Labels

Saturday, July 15, 2006

July 9 - 15

Here are my crafts done at the Old Fort (the previous week): a wooden nutcracker, a tin nutmeg grater, moccasins (to be finished), a wooden "Jacob's Ladder", a nail hammered on an anvil, beaded anklets and a felt and sequins nametag.

This last week I was at Junior camp at Camp Gitchigomee. I ended up being in a cabin, looking after 8 boys. I'll tell you more, but right now I'm too tired. My apologies to any cabin staff over the years who ever felt as if I expected them to go beyond expectations. I've begun to watch for that failing in myself in recent summers, but I can't guarantee to have avoided it always.

2 comments:

Paula T said...

Richard, I was scrapbooking the other day and was doing the photos from CEY camp and could not....for the life of me remember what it stood for!! Christ encountering youth? cookies eating youth? do you remember??

Thanks

reppepper said...

Challenging and Equipping Youth.
I used say it was pronounced "key" as in "quay". I always thought it was a very Simpsonian name.

The program seems to have disappeared. Let me know if I'm wrong. I can't find it at www.cssm.ca. When I google cey+cssm, my own pages come up.