Labels

Monday, June 22, 2009

Elizabeth May: June 22/09


On the spur of another moment (having heard about it on the 6 o'clock news) I went to hear Elizabeth May, National Leader of the Green Party at Lakehead University. She is on tour, I think, promoting her latest book Losing Confidence.

I found her quite interesting to listen to; she speaks well, without a lot of umming or ahing. She does ramble a bit, but some of the subject matter was obscure to me, and so I couldn't always follow her train of thought. OTOH she did also insert helpful explanations from time to time. I think I may have been the least politically astute person there.

When I asked her for a photo afterwards, she inquired as to whether I was a PoliSci student or prof. I told her I am a minister. In response to the predictable question re. denomination, I decided to reply "independent". I didn't want to get into all that.

I told her that she will be in my photo gallery of celebs, right next to Wendy Mesley.

No comments: