Labels

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Redwood Park Church's Dinner Theatre: Nov. 27/09

.

Mara and "Baby Eban"


This was a fun evening for me: Doug Doyle graciously offers comp tickets to people in ministry. I accepted the last one available and then found out I would be sitting with a couple of my former co-workers. This had potential to be very awkward.

I made up my mind to enjoy the evening, to greet them right away, shake hands and tell them we'd be eating together. It became even more fun when one of our table-mates arrived with his same-sex partner. This wasn't a surprise to me, but made for an interesting diversity of people.

By the end of the evening we were all chatting happily, including about Camp. My ex-co-workers made sure their eldest son said hi to me. We ended the evening by all wishing one another a Merry Christmas.

No comments: