Labels

Thursday, February 11, 2010

R 'n' R Hymn Videos: Feb. 11/10

Ruth Bjorkman (klunkogal) is in my new circle of Cambrian Players Improv performers. I noticed in our email list that her last name is the same as an LU student I knew years ago, whom I then spotted in her Facebook friends. There I saw she is a "fan of the Bible" and (like her cousin) a Christian. We also became youtube friends and there she suggested we make some vids together.*

I gather that back home with her family she sings a lot of Gospel music, and she wanted someone here she could sing Christian music with. I guess my recent "Dorion Bible Camp" song vids led her to believe that I fit the bill.

So Feb. 11/10 we recorded these songs at her place. As you'll hear, she is quite adept at harmonizing. Bear in mind it takes two to harmonize; my job was to sing the melody (approximately). I've included out-takes of some of the hilarity that ensued.

* Not quite accurate. On youtube she suggested that we sing together; she asked about doing the videos with me at Jack's (a bar) where she was watching her boyfriend perform.



I'm not sure if there'll be any more sessions. I think Ruth has a pretty full life. But this was fun.
-------------
Well, actually since then she has begun to join me in singing at Senior Homes. The residents and I appreciate what she is adding to these events and to my life for now.


-----------
Jan. 2012 update. Jan. 24/11 was the last time we sang together. Sadly, apart from a brief "Hi there" in passing at LU one day, that was the last time I ever saw Ruth, as she has been working out of town a lot, and now, I gather, is back at LU.

1 comment:

reppepper said...

"for now" modifies "adding" not "appreciate".