Labels

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Carolling: Dec. 20/11

.

Last year fellow Cambrian actor, Will Perry, asked me along carolling with his friends, the Palmquists in the Franklin St. area.

I was invited back this year and so a large crowd of us headed out with "my" Rotary carol songbooks to sing door to door and collect items for the Food Bank.

Since Will and Andy (in fur hat) are Barbershoppers, and I can fake a reasonable bass line, our singing sounded pretty good, if I may say so.

Why am I holding a tree (a tree top, actually)?

At one house we encountered The Outsiders getting ready to rehearse for their Boxing Day gig. I spotted tree trimmings in the back of Gord Ellis's truck and he said I could take the top of his family's spruce tree as my own. I've not really bothered to have a tree the last few years, but, hey, if it's free and already cut...!I ended up with sappy hands, however. It wasn't nearly as cold as last year, and so I didn't wear gloves!

.

.

No comments: