Labels

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Feb 8 - 14

Last Tuesday: Drove downtown to pay a bill. Then I stopped by to visit annika at her office and ended up helping her move (almost) all her stuff back into her space, since it had been moved out for renovations. Hers is the only cubicle office I've ever seen that includes a couch and a tree.

That evening I helped out with Pancake Supper at St. Luke's. They kindly gave me half a ham and a bunch of pancakes & a bottle of syrup to take home. I brought my syrup into the Cambrian Players Board mtg that followed, asking "So did everyone remember to bring a bottle of syrup?"

Wednesday morning I met with Tim and Eric and then Joe re-installed a sensor in my car's engine so that it won't overheat. Then I had a sauna and supper at my parents' place, followed by Ash Wednesday service at St. Luke's.

Thursday I met with Deb at Seattle River St. to plan Saturday's Visioning Day. After lunch and tea at Tim and Miriam's I did some shopping at Value Village, Stupidstore and InterCity. At InterCity I chatted with Lee Ann (nee Grootenboer) who used to be a TBCS student, Dorion Bible Camp er/Staff and filled her in on the goings on in my life.

That evening we had small group at Lappalas' but it was unremarkable.

Friday morning I went to the men's breakfast I attend at Fat Cat's (attended mostly by Jims). After email, blogging and photocopying I had lunch at Tim's again with T and Rick Three. Because I was (and am) still battling a cold and I needed to get up early the next day, I took a rest in the afternoon.

In the evening after I'd worked on choosing some songs for the next day and some budgetting, Tim came over to hang out and then drive us to hockey. I got one assist. I had two really good chances on open corners, but missed both times.

Saturday I helped out (mostly with music) at St. George's Visioning Day during the day and attended the Camp Gitchigomee Dinner in the evening. There I sang with-cold-and-without-soundsystem '69-'74.

Sunday I attended St. Paul's Anglican and then caught the sermon (by Tim) at my own church. My family went to Kelsey's for lunch (and so did Eric and his boys and Tim and his girls). Another sauna after that.

That evening I sat in as a guest at St. Thomas' Youth Ministry Support Committee, chaired by a fellow who had been one of my earliest ISCF retreat chaperones (when I was in highschool) and also my associate when I was a student teacher (of Mike Hurlbert's class at Westgate) and father of one of my very first Dorion Bible Camp ers.

Yday I babysat Juliet for Tim and then he took us to supper at Hoito. I led singing at The Edge that evening, capably assisted by Robin on his superior green bass. I must say that Robin's bass playing really adds a lot and his leading the ladies' echo parts was much appreciated as well.

I wish I could make this wilder and crazier, but that's the way it goes.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Sounds plenty wild and crazy to me, Richard. Did you manage to get some sleep in there at some point (not including the "stolen" afternoon nap)?