Labels

Friday, March 04, 2005

Millie Pytyck

Millie Pytyck
Carol Sainio (Camp Dorion assistant cook and former board member) writes,

Millie (former long-time head cook) is currently staying with her sister, but this is a temporary arrangement, and she is in need of a place to stay soon. The apartment has been totally gutted [by fire] -- all drywall has to be replaced, so the repairs will take some time -- no one has said exactly how long it will take.

Millie lost almost everything and will be in need of furniture, clothes and household items. Here dishes were saved and some of her books. Please, ask your contacts to pray for a place for her soon. She would like to be in the Port Arthur area. Thanks for your concern for her. I'll let her know that you are praying.

In Christ, Carol.
-----------------
I am reasonably sure that Millie has *not* decided to curse God and die over this, but it is a disturbing reminder that someone can serve God for so long (far better than I ever did or do) and still suffer tragic loss. An aggravating reality of life -- or, as I say, disturbing or even frightening. Gives some perspective. Shakes up the easy answers. I don't really know what to say. But anyway maybe there is something we can do to help.

2 comments:

Erin Rebecca said...

Sometimes I find myself staring at something like a basket or a teacup I really like and am saddened that I have to leave it in a couple of months... How human. I am such a "material girl" (good song:). Millie's fire is a great reminder to me that I can't keep all my baskets for sure even if we stay here. Perhaps I will send these treasures (or should I say burdens) to Millie. "My precious" is how I feel about some of my things that I can't take to Russia. When I am in the right mind I get rid of things as fast as I can. David is like Samwise sp? helping me stay focused:)

reppepper said...

It is hardest when the treasures that are taken from us are non-material, especially (but not limited to) people (children etc.), especially in cases when we are reasonably sure that they were not ready to go (and God knew that) and so (according to our theology) we have little expectation ever to see them again.