Labels

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sorry, that my posts of late have been pretty shallow. I have been tossing around deeper topics such as Final Judgement (why I believe in it, but have a lot of uncertainties about how it will "work") and thoughts on whether or not God rewards (in any sense) "non-believers" for anything at all.

So, I'll leave those there to tantalize you. Maybe that will be it.

I enjoyed King Kong, but running with the dinosaurs didn't work for me. I find it hard to believe that anyone (even principal characters) could survive that. Only a few red-shirts got it. In addition, it was one of the less convincing-looking combinations of CG and live action.

I didn't find it long -- especially compared to "The New World". I kinda wish that in that one timlap and Black Mamba and I had whispered among ourselves "That's Pocohontas, right? She's going to visit royalty in England and then die. I'm outa here."

The extended dewey-eyed shots in Kong tried my patience a bit -- but most of them were of Naomi Watts and so I didn't mind that much. I could have lived with fewer Kong closeups, though. (Reminds me of all those Ring-in-hand shots in LOTR. Ooooo, it's the Ring!)

How did they know his name was "Kong"? The indigenous priestess used the word a lot in her language and we picked it up because we knew the name of the movie and there were closeups on her when she did, but I doubt that it was obvious enough for the characters.

Macbeth kept his hands to himself.

1 comment:

reppepper said...

PS Nice to meet you again, Laura. Sorry I had to run off to another mtg. I hope you're not interpreting that as a pattern!