Labels

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Pizza Song: Apr. 25/06

Right-click here and choose "Save Target (or Link) As" for an mp3 of "The Pizza Song" recorded by my "youth group". (Unfortunately, sickness and homework "decimated" our numbers)

Both guitar tracks were played by Sarah who doesn't play guitar. I added the bass. My drum machine played the basic drum track (first) and Jean (youth sponsor) added the rest of the percussion. All three of us winged the vocals. Every track was done in one take each and so I think we should be called "The Won Take Oneders".

Yes, Sarah doesn't play the guitar, but I "fixed it in the mix". I found one little bit of the "lead guitar" track that sort of fit what we were doing and copied and pasted it in a few places and made an intro out of it.

I think this is a bit of a parable of how God can take our lives, fix them in the mix and produce a beautiful result -- at least as beautiful as The Pizza Song!

.

No comments: