Labels

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I am becoming big dumb big big.

I've been pondering posting "I'm becoming dumb" for a while, but I've retitled it (see previous post).

The evidence is that I now have an almost complete Rockem Sockem/Don Cherry (VHS) collection from 2nd hand stores (#1 - 16 except #15) and, as Robin points out, I hardly ever read anymore -- i.e. I struggle to complete a novel in a couple of months while timlap reads a couple a week (?) and finishes writing one as well.

I watch DVDs from the library while eating my meals -- but now my cheap DVD player (or DVD as some people confusingly call it) is breaking down and I'm too dumb to fix it, so I'll go buy another one -- a cheap one (dumb!).

I finally noticed that Robin tagged me and so

1. One Book that changed your life:
How to be a Christian Without Being Religious by Fritz Ridenour (seriously, though now I hate the title).

2. One book you’ve read more than once:
LOTR

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: (note: not the ONLY book)
Best Word Book Ever by Richard Scarry

4. One book that made you laugh:
The Nitpickers Star Trek books by Phil Farrand


5. One book that made you cry:
The High King (the entire Prydain Chronicles) by Lloyd Alexander, when Eilonwy stamps her foot (!!) and says it's not fair and renounces her immortality to marry Taran. There now you don't have to read it.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
How to Persuade Someone to Stamp Her Foot, Say It's Not Fair and Renounce Her Immortality (If Necessary) to Marry You

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
I wonder if anyone ever dares to say The Qu'ran here -- NOT THAT I'M SAYING IT!!

I found Fifty Works of English (& American) Literature We Could Do Without in my porch the other day. Of personal interest to my readers might be its inclusion of Jane Eyre and The Silver Chair. It includes Huck Finn, but I'd say I definitely didn't enjoy Tom Sawyer, but I don't see that it has harmed the world in any way.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
How to Get Your Own Sweet Way by Philip B. Crosby (found among my Dad's books in my porch)

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Silmarillion

10. Now tag people.
No, thanks.

No comments: