Labels

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Skord

Eric finally got off the injury list and so this past Friday we put together another CoC line (Tim, Eric and I). Tim said I was the best player he had ever seen. No, wait -- it was "that's the best I've ever seen you play".

My goal went off my skates to my stick and in. There was no intention (kicking etc.) as it hit my skates (for those who say it went in off my skates and shouldn't count). There was no intention in my stick use either, but that's irrelevant.

I got an assist to Eric, a little flip pass from the side of the net. I often try that play, but Eric's the guy to have in front, because he has nice hands.

Their big defenseman was toppling over about to fall on me at one point and I said aloud, "I'm going to die." He managed to keep himself upright and I didn't die.

Later he rubbed me out along the boards as I attempted to pursue the puck, "This is illegal even in the NHL now." I said it with a laugh. He laughed too. I might as well laugh, because it's not going to stop. I could choose to believe that he perceived me to be a big threat if I got to the puck. Yeah, that's it.

No comments: