Labels

Thursday, January 01, 1970

My Mum on TV in the Sixties

I found this pic on my computer (passed on to me from my Mum). This was my Dad's version of a VCR back then.

She used to have a cooking segment on a local talk show. I think it was part of her job as a stove demonstrator for the Gas Company (in the same building in downtown FW in which, I believe, Neil Young used to practise at night the year he lived here).

I'm told that my sister and I used to hide behind the on-air kitchen counter during the show. This was the Sixties and I don't remember it and so it must have happened.
------------------
Correction: Apparently, she got the gig because she submitted a recipe they liked and they wanted her to demonstrate it. This led to more appearances and THAT led to her gas stove demonstrating job. (I don't think we ever had a gas stove during that time.)