Labels

Friday, January 01, 2016

Year End Parties

.

I didn't go anywhere for New Year's Eve this year. I don't know if all the people who liked my Facebook post "Partying like it's 1999" understood it or not.

1999/2000, as the clock turned over to usher in the final year of the Second Millennium AD (or CE), I chose to stay at home with my canned goods, stockpile of firewood, and air rifle. I really did wonder what would happen as the Y2K bug kicked in.

That bug was not a hoax, by the way. My friend, Robin, worked hard for Tbaytel that year, making sure they did the necessary code-fixing. There were many other people who did similar work for other companies etc. which, in fact, prevent any widespread problems. (There were minor glitches.)

Anyway, this year I wasn't surrounded by my survival stuff, but I did stay home. I just didn't really have anywhere to go.

We also did not have a Harbron Hullabaloo this year, either, as Carla had injured her ankle. However, once Erin came to town for a visit, one was held on Fri. Feb. 5, 2016.

.

No comments: