Labels

Saturday, May 08, 2021

Bike Ride: May 8/21

.

Back alley, Piper, Norah, Empire, path, climbed hill to Neebing, across intersection for first pic, into airport (did all roads) and back, Walsh, Ramada Inn, Arthur, Valhalla Rd. (all streets in the subdivision), Hawker Rd (to gate & back to) Arthur, Archibald, Shoppers, Vickers, Isabella, Marks.

Looking across the airport, along where Neebing Ave. used to be, from the entry to the airport. Far in the distance is where I took the picture yesterday:

The roads at the Airport have names! I rode all of them. A Border Services vehicle slowly passed me a couple of times, perhaps curious as to what I was up to. I was afraid I'd be deported back to England; I don't speak the language!

Taken from Valhalla Inn Rd. along Ottawa St. towards Neebing Ave. Old maps indicate that Valhalla & Ottawa used to be Neebing (approximately), and it used to join the other section before the runway was extended:

Looking back along Valhalla Inn Rd.:

Looking from Ottawa St. across the airport to the clearing in today's first pic. So, basically, looking along Neebing Ave.:

Where are the totem poles?

Along Hawker Rd.:

.

No comments: