Labels

Monday, June 28, 2004

Brother

My brother Adrian and his wife Chris were in town last week. He stopped by for a brief visit early in the week. My Dad took him and me (yes, *not* he and I) to the Keg for steak and lobster on Tuesday. Thursday night was a birthday party for my Dad, Adrian and my ex-bro-in-law, Doug. I will post pics soon at my church's website.

I'm sorry this is all rather prosaic, but I'm keeping the family feelings stuff private. On Friday Adrian stopped by while Chris was out shopping and I wondered what we would talk about, since we haven't communicated that much since A. left for university in the 70's. It did occur to me to drag out the old table hockey game (the oldest and best designed one of the 3 I have) on which he and I (yes, *not* him and me) used to have many a hard-fought battle, as they say.

In fact, the battles were maybe too hard-fought and so we stopped playing even before he left home. So it was nice to play again after all these years. I clobbered him in the first game and he me in the second. We skipped the rubber match and so all was calm and friendly. I'm fairly certain that we would have controlled our tempers better than we did as teenagers, even if we had played Game 3.

I think these pix may have been taken in May 2005. Note that we drew faces on the players, and gave them names such as "Ian Scurgolz".

.

No comments: