Labels

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Moving stuff around

Yesterday morning with the MEMO Team I did one thing I really hate and one thing I really like.

Recently with Cambrian Players and now MEMO I've been doing a lot of lifting/carrying/moving things. I really hate doing this, because I have skinny arms and delicate hands.

I've had enough forethought the last few times to wear gloves, which helps somewhat.

"It's not heavy," they say. "Just awkward."

I find that much of the time it is awkward *and* heavy.

But this moving around of medical supplies in an out-of-the-way warehouse near the Kam River was in order to "rationalize" their arrangement, so that they could be inventoried in preparation for sending them to Cuba.

I really, really like organizing things. We were given a big, basic plan (with signs on posts), knew who the bosses were and what their areas of responsibility were, but were also free within those parameters to figure things out ourselves and -- as a *team* transform chaos into order.

Whoo boy! That's one of my favourite things.

Hum Sound of Music tune now.

No comments: