Labels

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Homeschooling discussion at Kuchtas'

Tuesday evening we had a goodbye party at Vickers Park for Paula, Nathan and Lydia Taylor (David, too, but he wasn't there).

After that we gathered at S & KK's to hang out with Lance and Brenna while they were in town briefly.

The best part of the evening for me was the c. midnight discussion of homeschooling (sometimes almost an interrogation of Robin). The women (S, B and Zuly) had ended up in the kitchen (talking, that is) and the men lounged around in the living room, smoking cigars and drinking brandy (except sans cigars or brandy).

I was the eldest there and I guess L was the youngest. I actually didn't say much, because I'm finding these days that I have trouble speaking up in conversations of more than c. 3 people.

It was so impressive how mature and reasonable this discussion was. I remember all of those guys (except Glenn E) as kids (or teens) and L was originally (to me) this cheeky 12 year old who would clutch and grab in floor hockey and just grin about it and now he is so articulate.

(However, I suppose that wouldn't preclude his clutching and grabbing again in floor hockey.)

1 comment:

Robin said...

I was slightly surprised at how positive people were about it - maybe they were already sort of "on-side" about it, as I doubt I argued them into agreement. Anyway, it was encouraging, and enjoyable.

And yeah, we can post anonymously now, though it's not painfully obvious.