Labels

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Scored!

I scored twice last night in Friday Night Hockey: one near the start of the game on the backhand, bounced off a defender into the short side. The second on my last shift was on my forehand on the short side again. Both were pretty weak shots (of course).

Both my linemates on the Church of Christ line also scored: Tim (1) and Eric (3 I think).

I believe we outscored our other line, the Redwood line (Paul, Art and Brad).

Maybe it's that they were Seeker-Friendly, always seeking someone to pass to, but not finding anyone.

OTOH we were a little Holy Huddle with our give and go, refusing to involve those outsiders who didn't dress like us.

Al was insisting before the game that Christianity gets set aside once we're on the ice -- but maybe certain versions of Christianity just work better than others.

Or maybe we were lucky.

No comments: