Labels

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Stuck in Schreiber

I am so glad that our Father in Heaven tells of His love in the book He has given.
Wonderful things in the Bible I see. This is the dearest that Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me. Jesus loves me. Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me. Jesus loves even me.

Over the last few days of dealing with much snow and frozen door locks and multiple instances of car boosts (and buying a new battery) for some reason this song has been going through my brain -- and *without* irony. (It alternates with the Triplets from Belleville theme song.)

I am stuck in Schreiber overnight as my car waits in a heated bay for the mechanics. CAA was not able to start it (new battery and all) and apparently the sparkplugs will have to dry out.

Father John Sovereign years ago before in his previous life as a contractor lent me a truck of his for a month. Tonight he is lending me his house (with satellite TV) while he goes to ThBay and I wait for my car. This means I wont make it back in time to meet with annika.mindsay.com (who has returned to the blogging world) but other than that I am not that greatly inconvenienced by this.

This morning I sang "40" by those 4 Irish multimillionaires and preached the sermon here at St. John's Anglican. I closed with the song above, because mainly I wanted to emphasize the love of God for us. At the times when I felt I was floundering in my speech (as I often do when I preach) for encouragement I looked at the attentive smile of the woman whose wig-wearing is connected to her flight to Hamilton tomorrow for medical tests. This puts my minor aggravations with the weather in perspective. (However, recently Ive wondered if maybe I *should* consider that job posting in balmy BC.)

1 comment:

shroomAzoom said...

Tuesday to Sunday is almost too long to wait for a new blog post from you. Glad to hear about your minor inconvenience in Schreiber — because it's good to hear from/about you.