Labels

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thank you note

Yeah, so there was the Camp Gitchigomee Reunion this past Saturday. Yesterday (Wednesday) I received a thank you note in the mail from the Roberta, the Personnel Chair. From what was written on the note, it was clear that they had not all been pre-written and then just dumped in the mailbox that day.

These little touches are so valuable, especially with volunteers. All I did was show up, eat the food, strum along with a few songs and lead one song. Roberta is really on the ball with this sort of thing: similarly I received a thank-you note just a few days after the Fund-Raising Dinner, simply for singing one song.

It appears that blogs are supposed to be about sharing inner feelings and I realize I don't do that often. (One needs to be prudent about pouring out all feelings "positive" and "negative" to the entire WWW anyway.) However, I should share here that I really do appreciate all those who have expressed their appreciation of me (deserved or not) recently.

No comments: