Labels

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Discount this discount.

I meant to mention last week that one day recently (May 9), I had something happen to me that, I imagine, will increase in frequency in the coming years.

I bought some items from Westfort Bulk Zone where I now shop frequently and saw 10% discount flash across the cashier read-out, but I didn't inquire.

When I got home and checked the receipt, I saw that I had been given a discount ... as a Senior!
----------
BTW another cash register story: At Stupidstore (especially) I always watch the readout as my items are rung in. My salmon appeared to cost $4.97. I thought it was $4.48 and I did inquire. This was the Express Line and I suspect I wouldn't have, had there been people behind me -- but there weren't.

And so the phone call was made and (I imagine) a rollerskater was dispatched.

I was right. The computer was wrong.

So ask.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Erica always watches (while I am off bagging) to make sure that the discounts get rung in. She will bring it up when they fail to do as promised.

reppepper said...

I shop alone.

Erica said...

Congrats on the Senior Discount! I realize this may be a dubeous honor, but hey - a penny saved is a penny earned!

shroomAzoom said...

Or...

"A Benny shaved is a Benny urn'd."

XQB, y rok?
PS: I like how Blogger now has a "wheelchair accessable" captcha.