Labels

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thank you for reading my blog

Today at Val (next to Sally) Jolene said "Thank you for coming in." rather than "Have a nice day."

Though it still sounded scripted, it struck me as a better choice than H.A.N.D., because it has a better chance of being sincere. After all, in part because I (and others) came in, Jolene still has a job. Therefore, though I am a stranger to her, she can be grateful for my presence.

If this is indeed a new trend, I am *happy* about it. (Still pondering that middle section of un/happiness in my life, but haven't pulled my thoughts together yet.)

I would however like to see Jolene and her fellow cashiers given seats as in (I hear) many places in Europe. This just seems like a good way to treat one's workers. I mentioned this to a shop manager once and he thought he'd find it hard to motivate his cashiers that way. ???

(And I still think Tim's should take debit.)

No comments: