Labels

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lamont Crushed

Over at mindsay.com Josh (of Dorion Township and Camp) explained re. the damage to what was my summer home at Camp Dorion for many years (pictured a couple of posts below):

"Yeah, poor Lamont took a beating after the tree had fallen on it. Charlie was trying to remove the tree when he accidentally crushed it a little more....
The beach sure looks a lot emptier with all those trees down. There's a lot less shade than when I was a kid going there. I remember those days, and can even picture (very faintly) the old dining hall. Things change quickly!


(Destruction intentional)


I hope you'll attend the Dorion dinner (in march?). I'm helping with music again, and told them that the only way I'd help was if we did the Dorion song, and I'm still helping... "

I'm not sure what the KA on the side is all about.



The signage around the entry road of the camp seems to have improved (signs on Motel 1 & 2 for instance. I could never remember which was which.) I am surprised to see that this old sign is still up. Despite the fact that I did the drawings for it, I felt that it had outlived its time and that the inside-joke of the Joel prophecy could be confusing to "outsiders".

But I don't want to be a whiner; it's nice to see the respect for history that it shows. I didn't find it in the garbage dump on the Conference Centre, for instance.

The man in the rocking chair is Andy James. The boys chasing each other are David and Jon James. The guy on the grass with glasses is Joe Gandier.

As you can see above, there is a rink where Tiny Treylr once was. Once it became too grungy for staff quarters, I used it to store some program stuff (Primary Christmas decor) and as a place to retreat to do tedious registration work on my laptop when the office became too loud. It couldn't be my permanent workplace as it didn't have a phone line.

Anyway, Tiny Treylr is now where you see it in this picture, storing Paintball equipment. That's Homsted in the background. The paintball field is to the left of the photographer of this pic, down below the Mosquito Sheds.

That's the archery net, but I think archery is still down behind the Dining Hall.

No comments: