Labels

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mardi Gras Medieval Murder Mystery (Feb. 17)


This was a Dinner Theatre fundraiser for St. John's Ambulance. I played King Roland the First (mythically) of England. I can't tell you much about it, because we might redo it next year at a different venue. This time I'll do a better job of advertising. (I'm in another Murder Mystery on Mar. 3, but it's sold out.)


Marnie, (my Queen beside me), Leon (the Fool) and Hanna the Servant Girl (at the front right, that is, downstage left) were all in the Merchant last year with me.

The belly dancers in the front had to perform for me. It's a rough life as an actor.

The play was improv and a last minute innovation I introduced involved the reappearance of my cow shorts.

From Leon Bullock's flickr:

Dress Rehearsal:

Show

Some of the Cast (the Suspects):

An early rehearsal:

.

4 comments:

shroomAzoom said...

Aw man! I love a good murder mystery! This would have been fantastic to see. I feel so let down that I missed it. Though, I suppose I couldn't have seen it anyway as I was at AbbaMania that night. No, wait! I wasn't I was there Friday night! What a let down!

blsht!

reppepper said...

You're just sorry you missed the belly dancers.

I think that I was a bit insecure about my improv-acting ability and so didn't spread the word as much as I should have. By the time I was gaining more confidence I thought it was sold out, but it wasn't. It's this coming show that is sold out.

Anyway I do hope to reprise the role of King Roland, but it probably won't be until next March.

shroomAzoom said...

"Look! [Belly-]dancing girls!"

Leon said...

There is a video available on line if you wish to see it... here is the link. It's a bit tricky to copy and paste, but just erase the blank spots and it should work okay

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=633971abed592b1f5172c51be4567075.2035711&vback=Profile&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fprofile%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26yid%3Dklompstarr

I will post a link on the Murder Mystery Blog that I am working on once it is complete.

Leon