Labels

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Church of Christ (not Scientist, not Mormon, not Boston)

I should probably keep score. I'm going to be telling people about my new job over the next while. Today I again got the question about whether we are Mormon.

However, in thinking about it, I got over an emotional block today. Previously I had felt uncomfortable (on others' behalf) about the potential scenario of changing the name and actually removing the words "Church of Christ" or just "of Christ" from the wall.

I realized that if we have advertised ourselves on other signs, the Web, newspaper etc. as (for example) Northwood Park Church, we could still leave "Church of Christ" on the wall

and add the parenthetical qualifications given in the title above.

Here's a fierce dragon for you:

No comments: