Labels

Sunday, December 12, 2004

"Jen" not "Jenn" say Robin and Shroom

Okay. I've not been doing a great job of daily blogging. Here's just a quick catchup of events since my last post -- with very little philosophical comment.

Tuesday, Nov. 7 evening: Hung out with Tim at his place. Drank coffee.

Wednesday 1000-1245hrs: Hung out with Tim and Eric at Tim's place. Had lunch there.

Wednesday 1300-1600hrs coffee with Annika and Brian Jones at Seattle Red River. Annika was very animated and inspired re. Frontline having just returned from the Inter-Varsity National Conference. Very encouraging.

Wednesday evening: Tim and Matt and I ate pizza and watched a Japanese film about a blindswordman at my place. (That is we watched the film at my place.) I fell asleep partway through and missed some of the blood.

Thursday lunch: Evangelical Ministerial Christmas Banquet. Sat with Eric and Erica because, of course, I never see them at church. ;) Ken Parker mocked me twice re.my mistletoe Santa hat, apparently fearing that he would be obligated to kiss me if I came too close.

Thursday evening: Grabbed quick supper at Small Group at Tim and Miriam's. My hat "worked" for one there, but she has a bf; so don't get any ideas.

Then skipped out to the Redwood Dessert Theatre production of The Word on the Street mainly to see Brian Whitfield. Sat with Whitfields Senior (and grandson Andrew) and my sister's ex-mother-in-law, Gayle Willoughby. Doug Doyle teased me about my hat, too (but didn't kiss me. Nor did anyone else there, in case you are wondering.)

Back to Small Group -- very small -- all but Lappalas had left.

Friday noon: Youth leaders prayer meeting at Evangel. Then downtown to buy gift for our church's "family".

Home for leftover pizza, while watching more of Steve Martin's "Roxanne" (which I am enjoying, but haven't finished. Don't tell me the ending. If it's realistic, it should be sad).

Friday evening: gifting wrapping with church youth group and then hockey and then Robin's. (That's *Robin's*, Tim.)

Sat. morning: Church Youth/Outreach committe mtg/brunch with Baileys. ;) Worked on sermon on "Joy". Played guitar for Saturday Night Life along with Robin and some of the Interpreter's House gang. Apparently I met Jen Barker, not Jenn Barker. So say Robin and Shroom.

Then I helped lead singing at a Sinter Klaas party at St. George's Anglican. The rector is Dutch and likes to remind his congregation of St. Nicholas' Day (Dec. 6) which is a big deal in the Netherlands.

Afterwards I defragged my harddrive. That gives me a good feeling watching all those clusters get back into line.

Oh, yeah, three older ladies felt obligated by my hat to kiss me at St. George's.

Sunday morning: Led class on Proverbs 26 (the Fool) and preached on Joy. I was not very happy with my effort, knowing that my prep was poor, but some folks liked it.

Birthday Party/Have a Safe Trip lunch for Matt at Kelsey's.

Then to St. Luke's for Deanery Youth Unit meeting, supper and "Deeper Water" service (with Eucharist). Helped Kara and her visiting sister, Pam, lead worship. Cake and coffee afterwards. Talked with Kara (former MPC staff) re. people we know from Manitoba Pioneer Camp and how much we both enjoyed our times there and the intelligent atmosphere of the place.

Shovelled the snow in Hull's parking lot and then came home.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

shroomAzoom said...

Hey, I liked that blog entry. You don't have to be philisophical (on purpose) all the time. I miss hanging out with "the guys" and envy you getting to be all social. I also miss the apparent in-jokes ie. "That's *Robin's*, Tim." So, Baliey's with brunch, eh? I thought you were supposed to wait until noon.

Robin said...

So, why did you shovel the snow in Hull's parking lot? For old time's sake? Old times? Old timer?