Labels

Friday, December 03, 2004

Carolling at Hull's Bookstore: Dec. 3/04

.

Nothing profound to say today (or ever?)

Hull's Bookstore asked Eric (who asked me) to provide some carollers for their extended Friday hours (open until 2100hrs). Due to sickness and other things it ended up being only Erica and me. Eric and the boys did join us for a bit while we sang outside. Inside I used my guitar and we experimented with slaughtering more challenging songs such as "The Holly and the Ivy" (at Paul Capon's request) and John (and Yoko) Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" (at no one's request). Fr. John Sovereign also helped me sing the self-contradictory "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" and soloed on "I Cannot Tell Why He Whom Angels Worship" to the tune of London Derriere.

I had a nice little chat in the kids room with Rianna and Heidi.

Hull's gave us gifts bags as thanks. Mine included a manly John Eldredge book and Erica's contained a Christian romance novel. My water bottle is orange and Erica's is pink.



| Outside |

| A passing priest joins in.|

.

No comments: