Labels

Sunday, December 26, 2004

St. Stephen's Day

I'm hiding out in the back bedroom of my parents' condo for a while. It's 45 min. until supper and the 3 nephews arrived and are talking to each other about their on-line war game. I tried asking a question or two, but then they continue on and I'm lost. I guess I feel anxious because I'm afraid my Dad will eventually grow tired of it and tell them to stop, but I think he's just tuning it out.

I suppose I could ask them how they've been doing the last few days, but that will lead back to the same thing. I could fake interest, or I could maybe even *be* interested if the conversation was being conducted in a way which was intended to include outsiders, but it's not. They are too young (and damaged) to think much about such things.

I could fight my way in, but maybe I'm too old (and damaged).

Spent the last two days worrying about starting my car. I finally had it boosted by CAA and it's downstairs in the parkade, plugged in, after recharging the battery.

I think I should not have bought this car, or at least not so fast, but I was given every indication that I would attending the CSSM Ministries conference in the Soo back in April '03 and needed to replace my previous car which would not have been safe to drive that far.

So I made a rushed choice and bought it from a backyard mechanic. I think I'd have done better to have waited and probably would have had the camp board not been so eager at the end of March that I agree to be reintegrated. Had I known they would so soon reverse their decision, I would have driven the Pontiac a little longer while looking for something a bit more expensive, but that wouldnt have cost me as much in repairs and grief.

So here I am on the computer, because my nephews talk about computers "too much". Hmm.

1 comment:

reppepper said...

Apparently according to the Roman Catholic calendar this year it was *not* St. Stephen's Day because The Feast of the Holy Family occurs on the Sunday nearest the first day of Christmas and pre-empts other feasts. I don't know if the Anglicans follow this practice or not.