Labels

Monday, January 16, 2006

Hi from Cat Lady via Photographer in Schreiber

I drove to Schreiber and back this weekend for Rev. John Sovereign's farewell. There I sat through more country music than I have for a long time. I was given the mike briefly and sang "Nobody Talks (During Coach's Corner)" for no apparent reason, while most people lined up for the food.

I was put up for the night by my niece's in-laws, whom I met at the wedding this past Hallowe'en.

Then I attended John's last service in Schreiber. I was asked to help another guy lead a song on guitar, so for what it was worth I arpeggiated while he strummed.

The weather travelling there was totally clear, but (since you asked) it got a bit slippery on the way back only once I was almost in town.

But the highlight was when Sarah the photographing daughter (whom I first met when she was a DBC camper) said hi to me (and by extension the weird church people) from "Cat Lady" Laura, who once said hi to me herself at Boston Pizza. (And I wasn't offended; I just didn't know what I should do.)

I see that Laura is leaving (as are other friends of mine) blogger and moving to wordpress. Stay in touch.

No comments: