Labels

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stuck in My Back Alley With the Winter Blues Again

Last night was my first major getting stuck incident of this winter. I've had some minor (<5 minutes) times already.

I was at Tim's (he doesn't take Interac either) watching "The Deer Hunter" -- or most of it. I didn't realize how long it was and so c. midnight I figured I'd better get home and leave an hour or so for getting stuck in my alley.

I thought of parking in front (which, in the end, I did), but at one end a neighbour had done some clearing and so I thought I could get enough speed up to make it past the remaining few houses to my back driveway.

Wrong.

I have been carrying a shovel, ice pick, and metal tracks to put under my tires anyway. Without them I don't know how I'd have got free.

I actually didn't really feel that tired at 0130hrs, but I think I was more addled than I realized. While in the bathroom I like to use my PDA to play a Game of Hearts (or a Game o' fHearts). Last night when I came inside and did so, Player 2 shot the moon. So my usual alertness must have been reduced.

This morning I shot the moon -- and then lost the game.

4 comments:

shroomAzoom said...

I used to play that block dropping puzzle game (not Tetris, the other one) all the time on my PDA in the can when I worked for LUSU. Maybe it's a predisposition of that particular PDA?

reppepper said...

So I sit on the toilet and play a game o'fhearts, but Shroom sits on the toilet dropping blocks?

Erica said...

You should write a blues song about your experience!

And maybe a "Juice Newton" remake on the other topic of discussion.

shroomAzoom said...

I had started a comment about "dropping blocks" on the toilet, but decided discretion was the better idea. :)