Labels

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hockey Haiku Contest

Recently I found out that the winner of the CBC-1 Hockey Haiku Contest was Malia Whitfield. I'm glad because
1) She's a great kid and
2) I'll get to see the prize jersey sometime and
3) Maybe I can't get photographed wearing it and post it here.

They never did air my entries (as far as I know. Some mornings I was up and out already and other mornings I slept in).

Each was supposed to follow the 5 7 5 syllables per line pattern and contain a reference to Eric Staal &/or Chris Pronger.

My first one, which I thought had a very inscrutable oriental feel to it:

This haiku can't win.
It doesn't mention Eric
Staal or Chris Pronger.

This one was written the day of Game 5:

It could end tonight.
Have Pronger's Oilers been Staaled?
Lisa Laco rocks!!

I figure someone else must have used the Staal pun already.

No comments: