Labels

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Merchant of Venice

.

"The Merchant of Venice" opens Thursday night. Tonight is dress rehearsal. Paul and I will get to eat our first of our nightly bananas.

Shows are 7:30 pm at Bora (not Jetta) Laskin Theatre L.U. and are $12 at the door or from that Fireweed Crafts place. Doors open at 7. There is no cheapy Preview night. Sorry. I don't have tickets on me. Actors can't be trusted with money.

My function as Solanio is to describe off-stage events, hold back burly cast-members who want to fight (perhaps I will forget one night. hee hee) and to eat a banana while speaking without choking.

I just heard a lady on the radio giving her website: "W [pause] w [pause] w [pause] etc." Wouldn't want to get those doubleyoos wrong.

This morning Lisa Laco missed a chance to be funny, because she answered "How are you" colloquially (as is, in fact, appropriate for her show) instead of grammatically correctly. She was interviewing an expert in disinfecting wells.

(There is none good. No, not one.)

See also http://www.psw.ca/rpepper/caesar/merchant/merchant.html

.

1 comment:

Peter James said...

I saw the movie of this story, and I really didn't agree. I was really hoping that he got to cut the guy up at the end and I felt the wrong guys were made out to be good. But perhaps that was the point? Bill seems to do that sometimes. What do you think?