Labels

Thursday, March 08, 2007

"New" Skates for me

Last Friday my $40 skates from Canadian Liar finally died (the left one anyway). That explains why I couldn't catch Art. See below for an enlarged view of the popped rivets.



So yesterday I went to Dave Wilson Sports where I get my skates sharpened and Dave sized up my feet and told me that they were wider than I'd realized. So I've tended to wear skates that are too long in order to get the width.

I tried on a pair of Grafs which seemed to fit well. However, I had hoped to spend < $100 and thought I'd better give Play It Again a try.

Their rack of skates appeared disorganized to me. The few skates that I could find that looked close to what I might want were way more expensive than DW's.

And no one came to offer me help.

So I went back to DW and bought the Grafs. I had the time and so he heatfitted them to my feet.

Not only that, but he encouraged me to try them out for the next few weeks and return them if I don't like them.

No comments: