Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pam and Dave Harris: Mar. 12/07



Perhaps I shouldn't look so happy in this picture, since the reason the Harrises and I came together was to attend the funeral of Bruce Reith, one of my brother and Dave's best friends growing up.

However, it was really nice to see them, especially since recently they had sent us a scrapbook of pictures for the Church of Christ Fortieth Anniversary. Pam and Dave were steady youth group attenders and were married in our building as well. Dave is an air traffic controller. Pam is soon to become a Lay Minister in the Anglican church in Vernon BC, which is interesting to me, considering the fact that I work for with the Anglicans now, too.

The funeral of someone almost my contemporary is very sobering. Pam said that Dave was very shook up about it. I know that there are things I am supposed to say about death, but several times I found myself thinking more about me than about Bruce and saying (silently!) "I don't want to die."

1 comment:

reppepper said...

I, of course, mean "shaken up".