Labels

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Golden Wok

Today I met for lunch with my Youth Ministry Facilitator Committee at the Golden Wok on May St. and felt as if we had walked into the CBC Radio Christmas Party.

In attendance were Lisa Laco, Tom Grand (Program Manager), Jody Porter, Gord Ellis (Junior), Ron Desmoulins (Dez-moo-linz, when we were in high school together), MJ Cormier, Cathy Alex and that guy who usually answers the door when I go to pick up my prizes (the guy who was with Gord and Cheryl at Cockburn this year).

I ended up lining up at the cash register with them, hoping that maybe my tab would be covered by the taxpayer (didn't happen). I overheard Ron reading his fortune with the extra two words at the end.

I chose between two cookies:

The other cookie (taken by one of my committee members) was (approx.) "[Something about suffering] Pain is something we seek to avoid
.... "

Mine says "A new romance is about to enter your life. Act on your first impulse
.... "

4 comments:

shroomAzoom said...

Three words, "...on the toilet."

Anonymous said...

that confused me. ???

reppepper said...

I believe that it was on Seinfeld that the idea was popularized of adding the words "in bed" to fortunes in cookies.

"A wise person always maintains a sense of humour ... in bed."

etc.

New twist by Shroom.

Erin Rebecca said...

I tend to get really profound fortunes like "you like chinese food...in bed"