Labels

Sunday, December 03, 2006

In Bed With Bruce

Last night I decided to go to bed early (c. 2030h). It would be unfair to people who are truly depressed to use that term to describe myself; I just felt sad and lonely and bored. I know that there are other options (such as finding someone else who is sad and lonely and bored), but I guess I was tired, too (from late night Hockey plus Robin's Donuts the night before).

But in bed first I watched a tape of a 2000 Bruce Cockburn concert and cursed stupid directors who repeatedly switch to the close-up on the right hand, rather than the left. Now, it *is* interesting to see Bruce's right hand technique (and to notice how long his thumb is), but not over and over. It's what his left hand is doing that I want to know -- not that I would be able to copy it, I suppose.

So I guess I fell asleep around 2130h. Now bear in mind that the night before I got to bed at c. 0200h and woke up at a normal time (0800h) anyway. Why can't I go to bed early and wake up at a certain (normal) time, rather than sleep a certain *length* of time?

I remember being awake for a while around 0130h and then pretty much waking up for the day (but refusing to get up) at 0530h.

Therefore, I conclude

I conclude nothing. This is a blog.

No comments: