Labels

Friday, January 19, 2007

My Limericks for CBC

I don't think they've aired them yet.

The fine hockey team from Keewatin-
Norman-Rat-Portage went skatin'
A cent'ry ago
They won, don't you know,
And Kenora is STILL celebratin'.

In Thunder Bay we think we're manly.
We've won hockey trophies quite hand'ly.
Champagne by the gallon
From the cup called the Allan,
But Kenora has drunk from the Stanley.
--------------------

I didn't send this one in. I don't think they'd read it, plus it's just a rhyme-driven dumb joke:

In Kenora my friend Eric Bailey
His Thistles ballcap puts on daily.
It makes him feel manly
Because they won Stanley.
Now he's as manly as Hayley.
---------------------
Jan. 22/07 Lisa read the first limerick this morning and described me as their "old friend". The winner of the jersey is from Kenora.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I'm not sure whether you meant Hayley, or the comet guy?

reppepper said...

Depends on whether you want to be as manly as a gold-medalist hockey player or an astronomer.

Erin Rebecca said...

nice. good to be an "old friend" right?

Eric said...

I've seen her play hockey, I'd choose Hayley.