Labels

Thursday, February 01, 2007

End of Jan. pix

The "Tim Tam Slam"
Apparently of Australian origin, this feat involves making a straw out of a Tim Tam cookie by biting off diagonal corners, sucking coffee into it and swallowing it quickly once it becomes mushy. This was at supper on Jan. 27 at the Suttons' with LUCF students Kara and Kevin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the LUCF Retreat at Round Lake Bible Camp


Now, why didn't I think of this?
(People kept calling it "life-size" Jenga, which I found amusing.)

From the top of Round Lake's mountain.

JerPer, guest speaker and Senior Director of Program
at Manitoba Pioneer Camp.
---------------------------------------------

I've added a correction below re. my Mum's TV show in the 60's. Apparently, she got the gig because she submitted a recipe they liked and they wanted her to demonstrate it. This led to more appearances and THAT led to her gas stove demonstrating job. (I don't think we ever had a gas stove during that time.)

1 comment:

Erin Rebecca said...

I had never heard of Tim Tams before so I read about them on Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam

You must have had the Arnott's Tim Tams since you are in Canada (unless they were imports). So really you should call it the Tim Tam Suck as that is what the Arnott's company prefers:)

I did have a similar cookie in England- penguins. We didn't know how to properly enjoy them though. I don't remember them from Australia, maybe mom or dad or robin might....

word verification: bbc yo