Labels

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Tree


I wasn't going to have a tree this year. I didn't really have one last year either. Frankly, I was and still am somewhat depressed about my "divorce". Now maybe some of you think I shouldn't be, or that I deserved it or whatever, but, be that as it may, it still has taken the edge off the celebrations for me.

And so the bother of buying a tree or going out and taking one from Elizabeth Regina didn't feel worth it.

But on Christmas Eve I was driving through the Northwood Mall parking lot and the tree-seller had put up a sign on his remaining trees, ordering me to take one for free. So I did.

The tree-seller revealed his respect for both Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism by using the Chi and spelling it "Xmass". I was impressed.
---------
My tree history (including last year's lame attempt) may be viewed at my geocities website.

No comments: