Labels

Friday, December 23, 2005

OK OK Shroom. I'll Post Something!

Monday afternoon I went on-line to Wal*Mart to order some prints I need for the Christmas cards the St. Tom's kids made on Sunday. The system was a new one (done through a different company?) and it was a bit buggy and slow, but I did receive my confirmation email.

Now it's true that I didn't actually receive my "your order has arrived" email & phonecall, but I stopped by Wal*Mart anyway, since 24 hours is usually a reasonable amount of time for this process.

They hadn't received any on-line orders that day, because (they said) there was some kind of glitch, due to upgrading to this new system.

Well, so far I miss some of the features of the old system, but I'll give it a chance.

But I did send customercare an email suggesting that this time of year was a poor choice for a switch to a different system. I rec'd a form response re. the status of my order and no comment on my comment. Okay, that is pretty much all I expected.

But I thought I might as well tell my story.

Wal*Mart Wal*Mart Wal*Mart

This is not satire. (Cue entrance of whiney-voiced Wal*Mart lawyer.)

2 comments:

reppepper said...

BTW I got your card yday, Shroom. I mailed one for you yday, too, and it has until Jan. 6 to make it under the "Christmas" wire.

Paula T said...

got your card Richard. Thanks! But no witty christmas expression. oh well. Thanks for thinking of us!!!! And Happy birthday if we don't see you.