Labels

Monday, December 26, 2005

O no! It's Christmas!

Well, St. Stephen's Day actually.

Maybe I'll blog about prezzies etc. some other day. I want to post a pic of my tree and reflect on that, but it'll be up for the 12 Days anyway. So later.

Just wanted to mention that I'd sung "Happy Xmas/War is Over" yday in our little church service around the table at the back of the sanctu-torium.

That's by John and Yoko, as you probably know. I theorize that all the good parts of that song were written by John and that lines such as "let's stop all the fight" were written by Yoko (leading to the breakup of the Plastic Ono Band).

I think it's curious too (about myself) that I feel weird singing the "yellow and red ones" bit, but then I theorize that Yoko wrote that -- or certainly okayed it, and so, since she's "yellow", I shouldn't feel awkward about it.

But then I don't feel awkward about Jesus loving all the red and yellow, black and white children of the world in the Sun. School song. I'm not sure what all this means about me (except possibly that I am in flux, transition, growth, backsliding or progress or all at the same time, including stagnation, otherwise known as being "solid").

And what's with "And so this is Christmas...another year over. A new one's just begun."? What calendar were they following? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that even fits with the Christian Year. In the West that begins with Advent. In the East it begins in Sept. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liturgical_year

Theory: J & Y wrote this between Jan. 1 and Epiphany, aware that it was still in fact Christmas (using the Chi to represent Christ, of course), but were speaking of the new secular year.

Or I suppose you could say that on Christmas Day a new Christian year is only 4 weeks old and so has "just" begun.

Don't worry. I'm not really losing sleep over this. THIS IS SATIRE. DON'T SUE ME YOKO (even if I do believe you broke up the Beatles, the Plastic Ono Band and, let's say, Petra, too)!

3 comments:

MikeyPod said...

I'm still hoping Yoko gets a grammy for breaking up the Beatles.

shroomAzoom said...

I noticed (for the first time) yesterday that Christian Children's Fund (I think, it might have been another of those bloated "black" kids with flies in their eyes operations) uses "War is Over" for their commercials. Except they bleep out all those lyrics.

Well, they don't bleep them at all, they just don't include them. I prefer to refer to colours using Pantone numbers or referencing their CMYK values. Then we can all know exactly what colour someone is refering to.

reppepper said...

What colour are you, Shroom? Actually, I think you are multi-coloured. Which Pantone numbers would you choose to represent your coloration?